Invite Sammy to your special event
Unfortunately Sammy is unavailable for bookings until Fall 2018.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank you for your understanding.
Sammy, one of PLAY Gymnastics’ mascots, is available to appear at your events and help promote recreatioanl gymnastics!
All Gymnastics BC full member clubs can request the use of the mascot costume for any event (invitational, parade, display, club open house, etc).
- Gymnastics BC does not provide someone to wear the costume – it is up to each club to recruit someone to wear the suit (it fits best on someone 5’4″ or taller) and a handler to assist Sammy.
- Sammy is an energetic and enthusiastic character who loves to interact with children! Please keep this in mind when choosing a person to play the role of Sammy
- Read through the usage rules for more information.
- There is a $25 plus applicable taxes charge for cleaning costs; this fee is waived if you provide Gymnastics BC with digitial photos of Sammy at your event for promotional use.
- Bookings are available to Gymnastics BC members only.
- All bookings are on a first come, first serve basis.
- Other promotional items: balloons, tattoos, stickers and promotional flyers may also be requested.
- Sammy must be returned to the GBC office within one week of the event (unless otherwise noted).
- Sammy must be booked at least one week in advance for shipping reasons.
- Gymnastics BC will organize shipping to and from your club.
- Please note that the Sammy costume is valued at $6,000, therefore we require extreme care of the costume. Unreasonable wear and tear to the costume may result in a repair or replacement charge to the club.
Sammy usage rules
Sammy request form
Vanessa Albert, Communications & Marketing Manager, 604-333-3492, firstname.lastname@example.org